It is contended by some that persons with good morals, respectable citizens with clean lives, can go to heaven regardless of their relationship to Christianity.
1. Man could have been saved without Christ's coming into the world, but he came to save (Jno.3:17).
2. One could be saved apart from Christ's stripes, but we are healed by his stripes (1 Pet.2:24).
4. Man could have been justified without the resurrection of Christ, but he was raised for our justification (Rom.4:25).
3. A person could have been saved without the death of Christ, but he died for our sins (1 Cor.15:3).
5. We could be redeemed apart from the blood, but we have our redemption through his blood ( Eph. 1:7).
6. Men could please God without faith, but without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6).
7. One could be saved without repenting, but those who repent not shall perish (Lk. 13:3).
8. Man could deny Christ and be saved, but those who deny Christ shall be denied before the Father (Matt. 10:33).
9. A person could be saved without being baptized, but baptism saves (1 Pet.3:20,21).
10. Men could be saved without being born again, but men must be born again to see the kingdom of God (Jno.3:5).
11. We could be saved without obeying the gospel, but Christ will render vengeance to them that obey not the gospel (2 Thess.1:8).
12. Man could be saved without being converted, but he must be converted to enter into the kingdom of heaven (Matt.18:3).
13. We could be saved ingnorant of the truth, but we must know the truth to become free (Jno.8:32).
14. We could be saved without loving the truth, but those who love not the truth will perish (2 Thess.2:10).
15. Man could be saved apart from Christ, but apart from Christ he can do nothing (Jno.15:5).
16. One could be saved apart from Christ's name, but there is salvation in no other name (Acts.4:12).
17. A person could be saved out of the body, but Christ is the Saviour of the body (Eph.5:23).
18. Cornelius would have been already saved, but he was not saved until he obeyed (Acts.11:4).